Theatre 2021-2022

Mallory Graybeal, Staff Editor

The Olathe North Theatre Department is bringing 6 shows to the stage for the 2021- 2022 season! We talked to several members of these shows about what they’re looking forward to and what we can expect to see this year. Read more below!

Sally Cotter and the Censored Stone

October 28-30

When Sally falls asleep while reading books about a certain juvenile wizard, she dreams that she is a student at Frogbull Academy of Sorcery. There she meets Headmaster Albatross Underdrawers, Gamekeeper Ruebenon Ryebread, and Professor Shiftia Shape. But danger is lurking, and it’s up to Sally and her new friends Dave and Harmonica to defeat the schemes of the evil Lord Murderdeath. Will she become the hero like the one in her favorite series? And who is the mysterious Censor who keeps rewriting the story as it goes along?

The Importance of Being Earnest

November 18-20

Oscar Wilde’s classic is a delight from the first cucumber sandwich on as Jack’s double life catches up with him. Two charming young ladies–sophisticated Gwendoline from the city and naive Cecily from the country–are in love with Earnest Worthing. But there is no such person as Earnest Worthing. Gwendoline thinks Jack is Earnest, and Cecily thinks Algy is Earnest. Each girl swears that she could never love a man who wasn’t named Earnest. In the midst of all the confusion comes Lady Bracknell, who doesn’t like the idea of anybody loving anybody. The problems are resolved in an extremely charming and quite unexpected way as Jack and Algernon discover the importance of being earnest while answering to the name of Earnest.

Legally Blonde

February 16-19

Legally Blonde is the story of how sorority girl Elle Woods applies at Harvard in order to win back her ex-boyfriend, Warner, and gets accepted. Along the way, Elle finds a passion for law and is recruited into a law internship under one of her professors.

Squirrel Girl Goes to College: A Squirrel Girl Play

April 7-9

Squirrel Girl, AKA Doreen Green, tries to make friends at college and succeed in her classes while hiding her super identity. Can she save the day without revealing her secret?

Mirror of Most Value: A Ms. Marvel Play

April 7-9

Teenager Kamala Khan tries to make Ms. Marvel into a popular superhero while maintaining her grades, socializing with friends, and keeping her super identity a secret.

S.W.A.P.

May 5-7

S.W.A.P stands for student written, acted, and produced and is the Olathe North Theatre Showcase of student written work. Any Olathe North Student is welcome to write a 10 minute script and submit it to be performed as a part of this showcase. Student Directors will cast the scripts chosen so that student actors are then acting in the student written scripts. Student Technical Directors will lead student theatre technicians in producing the shows. This is a great production to show off all of the amazing ways that students at Olathe North can use their talents in a theatrical way.