Senior Band Memories

Solana Oquendo and Meagan Navarro

Twenty-twenty has been quite hectic for the entire world and the chaos has really impacted our students. Those especially impacted being the performing arts, sports teams, and clubs. During this time of unrest, our band seniors talk about their favorite memories from their high school years to revisit happier days. 

Angel Almendra

Image provided by Angel Almendra

Almendra is a bari saxophone player that has been in band his entire high school career. His favorite high school memory is “accidentally throwing [his] mouthpiece across the cafeteria [and] then tripping while running to get it, which the entire band witnessed, and everyone laughed.” Almendra added that even though one would typically be embarrassed, he instead “was laughing with them.”

Isabella Ferguson

Image provided by Isabella Ferguson

Ferguson has been in band her entire high school career. She played bass clarinet for three years and is now one of the drum majors for the Screamin’ Eagle Marching Band. Her favorite high school memory is “late nights with the band, during rehearsals and competitions, and still having fun even though everyone was exhausted. It made all of [their] friendships so much closer due to the time [they] spent together.”

Madison Francis

Image provided by: Madison Francis

Francis is a flute player who has been in band for three years of her high school life. Her favorite high school memory is “spending Friday nights with the band at football games.”

Sophia Gardner

Image provided by Sophia Gardner

Gardner is a clarinet player who has been in band for her entire high school career. This is also her second year as a section leader. Gardner’s favorite high school memory is “going to Buffalo Wild Wings after a football game and running to the bathroom to drool in the sink after trying chicken wings with ghost pepper sauce, all while a little girl stared at [her].” Gardner went on to add that she “regrets nothing.”

Alexander Lanter

Image provided by Alexander Lanter

Lanter is a french horn player. He has been in band his entire high school career. His favorite high school memory is “visiting the Disney parks.”

Sofia McCoy

Image provided by Sofia McCoy

McCoy has been a flute player her entire high school career. Her favorite high school memory is “going to Disney with [the] band.”

Emma Mensen

Image provided by Emma Mensen

Mensen has been in band her entire high school career. She played flute for three years and is now a drum major for the Screamin’ Eagle Marching Band. Her favorite high school memory is “when the band went to Florida, [and she was] surrounded by friends and new adventures as [they] went around the Disney parks. [She] had a lot of fun.”

Brooklyn Reynoso

Image provided by Brooklyn Reynoso

Reynoso has been a band member her entire high school career, playing bassoon during concert season and tenor sax during marching season. Her favorite high school memory is “all the football games and competitions the band went to because [they] were all dancing, joking, and overall having a good time together.”