Student Perspectives on Full Time Scheduling

Aly Spence, Staff Writer

This March, The Chronicle asked students and teachers about their opinions on the COVID-19 schedule changes. The interviews shown here are from hybrid students transitioning to full in person classes.

Afreen Jaman, Sophomore

Q: Do you prefer hybrid or full in person and why?

A: I prefer in person due to the fact that I get more contact hours with my teachers.

Q: What are the biggest challenges you’ve had with changing schedules?

A: I used to take a nap in the afternoon but now I have had to adjust my sleeping schedule.

Q: If you could say one thing to the administrators what would you say?

A: Please enforce rules fairly, I see some people get away with things that others would get in trouble for.

Q: How has the new way school is done affected your day to day life?

A: I don’t get to eat lunch with my friends anymore which is not as fun.

Leandra Ho, Sophomore

A: I prefer the hybrid schedule. Mostly because the classes were shorter and once I got home, I had so much time to work on all of my assignments and it really worked with my schedule. I got so used to the hybrid schedule that the full time in person schedule is so draining now.

A: With the changing of schedules so frequently, it was hard to keep up with what I was doing. I usually stick to a specific routine with my school work and home life, so the constant changes made it hard for me to keep up.

A: I would say that listening to the student body is important and especially during these times, many students’ mental health has been struggling. I think that with school being full time now, it’s been hard for others. I know the administrators are trying their best, but a student’s mental health is what should be a priority.

A: With every day being a block day, I have spent all of my free time finishing different assignments and trying to keep up with my classes while also longing for some free time. School has now made my life into a routine; I wake up, get ready for school, go to school, come home, eat, and do my homework for the rest of the night. Every day seems to be the same.